CIA FIRST International School welcomes applications from, and admits, individuals regardless of race, gender, status or religious affiliation. A policy of selective admission is followed, however, based on the applicant’s former scholastic achievement, character recommendations, and the passing of entrance examinations. Admission to, and continuation at, AIU is dependent on evidence of good character, intellectual competence, support for the philosophy and mission of the school and an expressed willingness to conform to school regulations.
- Receive the enrollment form at the reception desk.
- Complete the enrollment form. (New students should take the Assestment Test first before completing the enrollment form.)
- Attach two 4 x 6 cm colored photographs to the enrollment form. (Individual photographs of the student, the mother and the father.)
- Documents needed: Birth Certificate / Passport, Previous school report cards / transcript, Official transfer document for Khmer Curriculum Elective
- Proceed to the accounting office and pay the fees required upon enrollment.
Admission to Preschool K3, K4, and K5
I. A student’s grade level placement is determined first and foremost by his/her age. A child enrolling in Preschool classes must have reached the required age on or before September 15 of the year of admission:
Month 2010 2011 2012 2013 Age 6 5 4 3 January K5 K4 K3 February K5 K4 K3 March K5 K4 K3 April K5 K4 K3 May K5 K4 K3 June K5 K4 K3 July K5 K4 K3 August K5 K4 K3 September K5 K4 K3 October K5 K4 K3 November K5 K4 K3 December K5 K4 K3
II. An Entrance test is given to the student to evaluate his/her readiness for the lessons.
III. An ESL student, even though his/her age is right for the level, may be placed in a lower level, subject to regular appraisal, when the entrance test result shows this to be necessary.
Admission to Grade School
I. A new student must pass an entrance test before acceptance to any level.
II. The grade level placement is generally the following:
Month 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 Age 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 January G12 G11 G10 G9 G8 G7 G6 G5 G4 G3 G2 G1 K5 K4 K3 February G12 G11 G10 G9 G8 G7 G6 G5 G4 G3 G2 G1 K5 K4 K3 March G12 G11 G10 G9 G8 G7 G6 G5 G4 G3 G2 G1 K5 K4 K3 April G12 G11 G10 G9 G8 G7 G6 G5 G4 G3 G2 G1 K5 K4 K3 May G12 G11 G10 G9 G8 G7 G6 G5 G4 G3 G2 G1 K5 K4 K3 June G12 G11 G10 G9 G8 G7 G6 G5 G4 G3 G2 G1 K5 K4 K3 July G12 G11 G10 G9 G8 G7 G6 G5 G4 G3 G2 G1 K5 K4 K3 August G12 G11 G10 G9 G8 G7 G6 G5 G4 G3 G2 G1 K5 K4 K3 September G12 G11 G10 G9 G8 G7 G6 G5 G4 G3 G2 G1 K5 K4 K3 October G12 G11 G10 G9 G8 G7 G6 G5 G4 G3 G2 G1 K5 K4 K3 November G12 G11 G10 G9 G8 G7 G6 G5 G4 G3 G2 G1 K5 K4 K3 December G12 G11 G10 G9 G8 G7 G6 G5 G4 G3 G2 G1 K5 K4 K3
III. A student could be placed in a level lower than expected for his age-group (see under II above)
for the following reasons:
- Poor result of the entrance test or
- Lack of readiness for the lessons at the expected level or
- An ESL student who, even though his/her age is right for the above grade level, has an entrance test result showing this to be necessary.