CIA FIRST International School’s curriculum is unique and innovative. Piece by piece, the academic team has created a curricular program that focuses on global competencies and 21st-century skills. By using the Understanding by Design Framework (UbD), and integrating the Habits of Mind (HoMs), CIA FIRST student develops long-term and transferable understandings, which they can apply to real situations and solve real-world problems (Schoolwide Learner Outcomes).
CIA FIRST’s curriculum enables the development of the whole child on every level of education from preschool until graduation. By encouraging students to meet challenges creatively by collaborating and applying critical thinking skills to real scenarios, along with dealing with unpredictable situations inside and outside of the school, CIA FIRST prepares them for a future university, career, and global success.
The curriculum actively promotes “Questioning and Problem Posing”, “Thinking Flexibly”, and “Thinking and Communicating with Clarity and Precision”. For that reason, CIA FIRST’s students learn how to identify an issue, generate a question, and explain its significance before translating their ideas and findings into appropriate actions to improve conditions.
- Learning through discovery
- Learning to socialise
- Learning to empathise
- Basic literacy and numeracy
- Learn more about CIA FIRST’s kindergarten curriculum.
- Basic skills development
- Big ideas as background themes
- Learning to work together
- Growing in confidence
- Communicating clearly
- Introduction and exploration of the Habits of Mind
- Learn more about CIA FIRST’s elementary school curriculum
- Formulating world-view
- Focus on abstract ideas
- Exposure to multiple perspectives
- Scaffolded support for the Habits of Mind
- Learn more about CIA FIRST’s Middle School curriculum.
- Consolidating beliefs and values
- Specialising interests and talents
- More content focused
- Autonomous display of the Habits of Mind
- College and career focused
- Learn more about CIA FIRST’s High School curriculum.