CIA FIRST International School’s curriculum is unique and innovative. Piece by piece, our academic team has created a curricular program that focuses on global competence and 21st century skills. By using the Understanding by Design Framework (UbD), and integrating the Habits of Mind (HoMs) in our education process, our students are developing long-term and transferable understandings (School-wide Learner Outcomes), which they use in real-world situations.
CIA FIRST’s curriculum enables the development of the whole child on every level of education from preschool until graduation. By encouraging students to meet challenges creatively by collaborating and applying critical thinking skills to real, along with dealing with unpredictable situations inside and outside of the school, we prepare them for future college, career, and global citizenship success.
Our curriculum actively promotes “Recognizing Perspectives” and “Communicating Ideas”. For that reason, CIA FIRST’s students learn how to identify an issue, generate a question, explain its significance before translating their ideas and findings into appropriate actions to improve conditions.
As its starting point, CIA FIRST’s curriculum seeks to prepare a generation of potential world-changers.
- Learning through discovery
- Learning to socialise
- Learning to empathise
- Basic literacy and numeracy
- Learn more about CIA FIRST’s kindergarten curriculum.
- Basic skills development
- Big ideas as background themes
- Learning to work together
- Growing in confidence
- Communicating clearly
- Introduction and exploration of the Habits of Mind
- Learn more about CIA FIRST’s elementary school curriculum
- Formulating world-view
- Focus on abstract ideas
- Exposure to multiple perspectives
- Scaffolded support for the Habits of Mind
- Consolidating beliefs and values
- Specialising interests and talents
- More content focused
- Autonomous display of the Habits of Mind
- College and career focused