Dear Parent of a Prospective CIA FIRST Student
- On behalf of CIA FIRST International School, we would like to thank you for your interest in our school. We consider it to be the highest endorsement an institution can receive when a parent chooses to enroll their child at our institution.
- Choosing CIA FIRST means that your child will be part of one of the fastest growing international schools in Cambodia. The majority of our graduate students secure places at top universities overseas and locally.
- CIA FIRST is a private, non-sectarian international school that opened in 2004 with 16 students and the mission to cater to all students without prejudice. The school also seeks to enable the “whole child” (physical, mental, moral, and social) to master local and global competence and citizenship. Students can choose additional languages such as French and Chinese (Mandarin). The Khmer curriculum elective, which includes workbooks developed by CIA FIRST for K5 to Grade 12, has been recognized by the Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sport.
- Our school values diversity and global citizenship, which is reflected in the enrollment of our student body representing more than 20 countries and 12 primary languages spoken in the student’s homes. At CIA FIRST we see this as a rich opportunity for our students to learn side-by-side with peers from diverse backgrounds, thereby enriching their education experience and global competence.
- The school has a new state-of-the-art campus which now hosts kindergarten, elementary, middle and high school students. CIA FIRST uses a standards-based curriculum supported by the American AERO framework – challenging, professionally validated, voluntary academic standards. CIA FIRST gained accreditation of Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) for K3 to G8 in the school year 2015/2016 and is seeking to receive the high school accreditation in fall 2018. In the school year 2017/2018 our high school students can choose among 10 Advanced Placement (AP) courses in order to prepare for colleges and universities worldwide.
- We hope to welcome your child to CIA FIRST and see them flourish here.
CIA FIRST Board of Directors
The CIA FIRST International School Board
- Functions of the Board
The Board for CIA FIRST International School has full authority and responsibility for all matters connected with the school. The Board approves policies related to the core functions of the school. The Board is responsible for ensuring that the school has effective leadership; selecting the School Director and delegating authority to the Director, who may in turn delegate to other CIA FIRST staff. The Board oversees the school’s strategic planning in the areas of finance and marketing.
- Meet the Leadership of the School Board
- Board Chairman
Oknha Dr. Trang Ly
- Oknha Dr. Trang Ly has received an MBA from Irish Business School in London, England and is currently pursuing a Doctorate in Business Administration from European University. He has experience in teaching English (2 years) and he has owned and operated his own businesses for 23 years (20 years in an international joint partnership); overseeing more than 200 staff and being awarded several dealers and distributer licenses. Oknha Dr. Trang Ly brings his expertise to the CIA FIRST Board in strategic planning and development.
- Board Vice-Chairman
Mr. SamathHim Sprung
- Mr. Sam Sprung has been awarded with both Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering and a Masters in Business Administration degree from Western Michigan University in the United States of America. With well more than a decade of business successes in sales, marketing, and management for the top telecom company in Cambodia and with CBC Ltd. (Coca-Cola); experience in managing more than 1,000 staff locally and internationally; as well as having instructed students at the National Institute of Management in the areas of Financial Accounting and Business Analysis Mr. Sam Sprung now brings his vast talents to the Board of Directors for CIA FIRST International School. Mr. Sprung has been awarded with both a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering.
- For a complete description of the School Board’s functions, authority, and responsibilities please refer to section 2 of the school bylaws!
- Functions of the Board